Shop Spring’s Hottest Shoe Trends
Super-hot on the runway and off, color-blocking is not for the faint of heart. Take a walk on the wild side in sky-high wedges like Leighton Meester’s Pierre Hardy: the extra real estate on the heel allows the trend to pack its full punch.
For those wary of incorporating spring’s bright hues into their wardrobe, Zoe Saldana shows a great way to dip a toe into the trend. Keep the rest of your look neutral and pick a colorful (but conservative!) accessory, like her citrus-hued Brian Atwood pumps.
- Michael Antonio “Love Me” fuschia pumps, $42, lorisshoes.com
- Steve Madden “Envyy” pumps, $90, stevemadden.com
Stilettos might be the natural choice for a city-chic outfit like Lauren Conrad’s, but by adding an unexpected stacked heel in natural wood (from her own Kohl’s line), the fashionista gives her outfit a retro and walkable touch.
- Forever 21 slouchy leatherette heels, $25, forever21.com
- Topshop “Rockie” tan leather wooden heeled sandals, $125, topshop.com
Espadrilles are a warm weather classic, but Eva Longoria shows how to keep the look current: pairing a sky-high pair with skinny jeans and big earrings. The shoes get a totally new spin!
- Delia’s “Rebels Tangle” espadrille wedge, $50, delias.com
- Coconuts “Raye” espadrille, $65, piperlime.com
So sick of your beat-up ballerina flats, but can’t give up the comfort factor? Enter this spring’s hottest flat, the loafer. Feminize the masculine look with a metallic finish or patent leather (like Alexa Chung), and they’ll be good to go with anything from pegged jeans to frilly frocks.
Pick up on warm weather faves like linen and canvas for your accessories, too! Model Rosie Huntington-Whitley wears a sophisticated linen-and-leather Isabel Marant pair, which steer clear of hippie territory with their elegant two-tone look and pointy toes.
Platform pumps have been around for a while – stars love them because they add height without adding pain – so it was only a matter of time before they made their way to the classic wedge. Kylie Minogue steps out in a pair with black piping, which mix fun and ladylike in a
- Chinese Laundry metallic wedge, $69, victoriassecret.com
- Vince Camuto “Rina” wedge sandals, $98, dillards.com